Philadelphia, PA, January 25, 2009
Where: Philadelphia, PA (Old city)
When: January 25 (Monday) 9am – 5pm
Who: Amy Hoy, Thomas Fuchs... and you
This course is 100% framework agnostic! You will learn boatloads, whether you use Prototype, jQuery, Mootools, or just your own naked cleverness.
Do you need this course?
- eat prototypes ('little p') for breakfast?
- use closures and anonymous functionsbut only in a memory-safe way?
- secure internal code from API users, when necessary? (without obfuscation?)
- curry functions, not just wursts?
- practice safe namespacing?
- dream about DOM reflow?
- crawl through the DOM tree with practiced ease?
- bubble or capture events from scratchwithout peeking at the manual?
- architect your large projects like a pro?
- manage your code with an iron fist?
- build your deployment process with tools other than FTP?
What You'll Learn
All of the above, of course. Plus...
Laugh along as you learn how to wield sharp-edged, higher-order language features like a pro.
Study the enemythe browserin detail, so you know best how to conquer it.
Ensure accuracy, no matter the changes in terrain, with unit testing.
Master the production techniques of the, er, masters: code architecture, code management, unit testing, and deployment tools.
What You'll Take Home with You
You don't just get the course, you get goodies:
- Total Documentation, Baby: big, thick print-out of all slides, in a binder, perfect for taking notes during class (and reviewing, later on!)
Q&A Sessions Included
This course is highly interactive!
The Location: Learn in Style
National Mechanics is just about the awesomest location you can imagine!
The address is:
22 South 3rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Secure your seat today!
We're limiting the class to just 25 people, of which only 20 seats are generally available (a small class is a good class!), and we're expecting to sell outand quick, too. We'd hate to hear from you that you wanted to come but didn't get a seat in time, so if you want to attend, please don't hesitate! Register early!
For the full-day, no-holds-barred, full-frontal course, workbook, and our book and performance tool, you pay only... $349 (Early bird, ticket price will go up to $425!).
Register now using your credit card or PayPal.
Need a special receipt? No problem. Go ahead and grab your ticket, and then let us know by email.
Sorry, we're sold out.
Amy's the most famousest designer in the Ruby on Rails world, known for her gut-bustingly funny laugh-out-loud tutorials, great explanatory graphics, and apt metaphors. She's got over 10 years' experience in explaining technical concepts in an entertaining and understandable way.
Thomas' script.aculo.us framework was created during the development of one of the most highly interactive applications the Web had ever seen. And it's gone on to be used in such web sites & applications as CNN.com, NASA.gov, IKEA.com, Me.com and more.