Virtual Edition 2/2013
Virtual Edition 6/2012
Virtual Edition 5/2012
Virtual Edition 4/2012
Virtual Edition 1/2012
Virtual Edition 11/2011
Virtual Edition 10/2011
Virtual Edition 09/2011
Virtual Edition 08/2011
Virtual Edition 06/2011
Virtual Edition 05/2011
Virtual Edition 04/2011
Virtual Edition 03/2011
Virtual Edition Jan. 2011
Virtual Edition Oct. 2010
Virtual Edition Sep. 2010
Virtual Edition July 2010
Virtual Edition June 2010
Washington D.C., 2009
When: No date is set for the next class yet
Who: Amy Hoy, Thomas Fuchs... and you
This course is 100% framework agnostic! You will learn boatloads, whether you use Prototype, jQuery, Mootools, node.js, or just your own naked cleverness.
Do you need this course?
- eat prototypes ('little p') for breakfast?
- use closures and anonymous functionsbut only in a memory-safe way?
- secure internal code from API users, when necessary? (without obfuscation?)
- curry functions, not just wursts?
- practice safe namespacing?
- architect your large projects like a pro?
- manage your code with an iron fist?
- build your deployment process with tools other than FTP?
- automatically and hands-free unit-test your code on every commit?
- know how to really optimize code delivery?
What You'll Learn
All of the above, of course. Plus...
Laugh along as you learn how to wield sharp-edged, higher-order language features like a pro.
Study the enemythe browserin detail, so you know best how to conquer it.
Ensure accuracy, no matter the changes in terrain, with unit testing.
Master the production techniques of the, er, masters: code architecture, code management, unit testing, and deployment tools.
What You'll Take Home with You
You don't just get the course, you get goodies:
- Total Documentation, Baby: ready-to-print PDFs of all slides, perfect for taking notes during class (and reviewing, later on!)
- Transcript of the chat room with tons of demo code, hints and questions answered
- Rewatch as often as you like: you'll get a special URL to rewatch the class later!
Not to mention a learning hangover. One of the good kinds.
Here's what past participants say!
- “Learned some crazy stuff the past two days in @thomasfuchs & @amyhoy's JS master class, highly recommended!”
- “@amyhoy and @thomasfuchs teach a mean JS class! Take it!”
- “Fun-learning with @thomasfuchs and @amyhoy. Highly recommended.”
- “When you want to be a ninja, you learn by studying with ninjas.”
- “Just wanted to say thank you for the informative course. I never would have learned some of those things on my own.”
- “Completely Impressed”
- “Thanks for the great class! I liked it so much, I signed up a colleague of mine for your next class.”
- “Never thought we'd have on-demand examples, you guys are spoiling us!”
- “Enjoyed it, learnt a lot and the online format worked very well.”
- “Help & clarifications on the side [in the chat] = AWESOME team”
Q&A Sessions Included
This course is highly interactive!
Interested in HTML5 mobile applications? Grab our downloabable HTML5 Mobile Pro video workshop!
Amy's the most famousest designer in the Ruby on Rails world, known for her gut-bustingly funny laugh-out-loud tutorials, great explanatory graphics, and apt metaphors. She's got over 10 years' experience in explaining technical concepts in an entertaining and understandable way.
Thomas' script.aculo.us framework was created during the development of one of the most highly interactive applications the Web had ever seen. And it's gone on to be used in such web sites & applications as CNN.com, NASA.gov, IKEA.com, Me.com and more.